Obtain two degrees at the same time by fulfilling half of the curriculum required for graduation at KNU and your university.
3+1 Double Degree
|Hungary||Budapest University of Technology and Economics||IT Engineering|
|Poland||Warsaw University of Technology||IT Engineering|
|Poland||Warsaw School of Economics||Economics|
|Poland||Warsaw University||Business Administration, Political Science|
|Slovenia||University of Ljubljana||Business Administration, IT Engineering|
|United Kingdom||Northumbria University||Business Administration|
|Ireland||Dublin Institute of Technology||Computer Science|
|Finland||Helsinki Metropolia University of Applied Sciences||IT Engineering|
|France||ICN Business School||Business Administration|
|Vietnam||Vietnam National University of Agriculture||Plant Biosciences|
|Vietnam||University of Information and Communication Technology, Thai Nguyen University||Computer Science and Engineering
(Global Software Convergence major, Twinning Program)
|Lithuania||Vilnius Gediminas Technical University||Economics|
2+2 Double Degree
|China||Barbin University of Technology||All|
|United States||University of Missouri-Columbia||IT Engineering|
|United States||South Dakota State University||IT Engineering|
|United States||University of Texas, Dallas||IT Engineering|
|United States||Marshall University||Business|
|United States||Rutgers University at Camden||Business|
|India||Christ University||Computer Science|
|Vietnam||Thai Nguyen University of Technology||IT Engineering|
- Currently enrolled on undergraduate program at KNU partner institution mentioned above.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 or above
- Language proficiency either in Korean or in English
- Student who completed at least two years of study at their home institution. (Applicants are highly recommended to check the details regarding the eligibility on the Agreement)
- Nomination and Application Schedule
|Starting Semester||Nomination Deadline||Application Deadline||Acceptance (Email)|
|Spring Semester||October 15||November 15||Late December|
|Fall Semester||April 15||May 15||Late June|
- Online application: fill out through here
- Letter of nomination from applicant’s home university
- Official transcript from applicant’s home university (out of 100-point grading scale)
- A copy of valid passport (face page)
- A color ID photo
- BA Diploma (for MA student only)
※ All required documents should be submitted through the online application site below
Academic Calendar: see from here
- Spring semester starts on March 2
- Fall Semester starts on September 1
- Available on the KNU website here
- It will be sent to international students’ home university coordinators in July (for the spring Semester), and February (for the fall Semester)
A variety of courses are offered in English by individual colleges and departments, along with courses specially designed to offer a new perspective and understanding of Korea.
The list of courses taught in English will be available in January for the following spring semester or July for the following fall semester. In addition, this list will be sent to all accepted exchange students by e-mail with instructions on course registration.
The normal course load for students at KNU is 5-6 courses (which is usually 18 Korean credits). Most KNU classes are three-credit courses and in order to get three credits in KNU, students have to complete 45 hours of studies (3 hours × 15 weeks). (1 course = 3 US credits, 45 class hours per semester, including exam period)
- Undergraduate : Maximum number of credit that undergraduate students can take per semester is 18 credit (six courses) including three internship credit.
- Graduate : Maximum number of credit that graduate students can take per semester is 9 credit (three courses) including three internship credit.
Based on a diverse network of Korean companies, including multi-national conglomerates, SMEs, local government, and NGOs, KNU offers international students the chance to integrate internship into their exchange semester.
English is used as the language of communication, and activities range according to the background and skills of the individual student and the needs of the host company.
The internships are arranged at the beginning of the semester, and last for 12 weeks based on 12 hours per week for 3 credits. Most internships are unpaid.
Full-time internship options are also available during the summer and winter vacations.
KNU Student Buddy Program
Korean National Health Insurance Service (NHIS)
- French and Japanese citizenship holder can apply not to subscribe the NHIS by visiting the Office of NHIS in Buk-gu, Daegu, Republic of Korea, after one’s arrival at KNU.
- NHIS Website: here
- Call: 033-811-2000 (English, Chinese, Vietnamese, and Uzbek)
As a national university, Kyungpook National University adheres to the policies of the Republic of Korea regarding abuse, harassment, discrimination, sexual exploitation and blackmail. Reporting and investigation procedures are that of the Republic of Korea.